The workshop will help anyone who finds themselves supporting bereaved people, whether that is as a leader, pastoral worker, friend, neighbour or colleague. It is not suitable for those who have had a recent bereavement themselves.
- What is loss?
- Factors affecting the impact of a bereavement
- What do people need from us?
- Bereavement support within the church
The Grief Process
- Worden’s ‘Task of Grieving’ (briefly)
- The ‘Grief Wheel’ (briefly)
- Growing round grief
- Transition and the ‘Nowhere’ zone
- Pastoral care of the dying person and their family
- Preparing for death/bereavement
How to Help or Hinder!
- Are we listening?
- Facilitating the ‘Tasks of Grieving’
- Difficult issues – suicide, child bereavement
Date, Location & Cost
The course runs on Saturday 23rd February from 10am to 4pm at Central Hall, St Mary Street, Southampton SO14 1NF. There is limited parking at Central Hall, but parking is available on the surrounding roads or the nearby College Street carpark.
The workshop cost is £35 and includes notes, refreshments and a certificate of attendance.
Please complete an application form and send it to CCTS, Central Hall, St Mary Street, Southampton. SO14 1NF, enclosing the payment or indicating how it will be paid.