What you will learn on the course
This one day workshop will ensure your safeguarding skill and knowledge is up to date with current legislation and best practice when working with children and vulnerable adults. Training is designed and facilitated by an NSPCC accredited trainer.
* Gain an up-to-date overview of safeguarding children and vulnerable adult policy requirements
* Assess your safer-recruitment practices against legal requirements
* Identify the key signs and indicators of child and vulnerable adult abuse, including "mate hate" and risks associated with self-neglect
* Explore the impact that domestic abuse and violence can have within families and the resources, support and signposting available locally and nationally
* Compare the different challenges and responses to Honour Based Violence, Female Genital Mutilation and Forced Marriage
* Recognise the pressures and complexities teenagers face with social media, sexting, cyber bullying and the increasing issue of self harm
Dates and Tickets
The workshop is running on Saturday 13th April from 10.00am to 4.00pm at Central Hall, St Mary Street, Southampton. SO14 1NF. Limited parking is available on site.
The cost is £25pp which includes lunch, resource pack, notes and refreshments.
Tickets are available here >> https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/safeguarding-for-counsellors-and-pastoral-workers-tickets-58848292828
Enquire by email