Based on the GSRD ‘best practice’ document produced by the BACP, the workshop will explore the different aspects of sex, gender and sexuality from a biopsychosocial and cultural model. It will explore aspects of prejudice faced by different sexual minorities and the limitations of the current LGBT+ constructs.
- To provide space for reflection on prejudice and judgements faced by different sexualities
- To explore the development through history of the formation of sexual / gender identities
- To explore the limitations of the current status quo
- To explore movement beyond ‘binary’
- To explore sex, sexuality, orientation and identity from a biopsychosocial model
- To introduce different sexualities
- To provide space for reflection on implications in practice.
About the trainer
Peter Watts is an associate counsellor with The Laurel Centre, a therapy practice that specialises in treating sex and porn addiction and provides support for partners. He is a part time trainer for the Institute of Sex Addiction Training (ISAT) and member of the Association for the Treatment of Sex Addiction and Compulsivity (ATSAC). He is a registered member of both BACP and ACC.
Dates & Times
Friday 27th November 2020
Log in from 9:30am
Workshop starts: 10am
Workshop ends: 4pm
£55 plus booking fee
Online (Zoom). You will be sent a link prior to the event.